The Shane Victorino Foundation is seeking applications for a batting cage to be built in a neighborhood, park, school, or recreation site primarily to be utilized by underserved youth on Maui, Hawaii. Only non-profit organizations or municipalities are eligible to apply. Applications will not be accepted from individuals or for-profit groups.
Applicants may apply for more than one batting cage, if at different locations. The applicant should fill out a separate application for each location.
This project will be funded by the Shane Victorino Foundation. Once construction of the batting cage is complete, maintenance, upkeep and operation of the batting cage will be the responsibility of the Applicant.
- Applicant must be a public charity or state or local agency (i.e. county, school, etc)
- If this application is coming from a non-profit organization other than a municipality, a copy of your IRS Determination Letter indicating your non-profit status must be submitted with the application.
- Applicant must own or lease the land on which they are applying for the batting cage to be built
- If selected, ownership or lease information must be supplied.
- Access to the batting cage must be free of charge (no membership or other fees associated) and open to general public
- Batting cage must be primarily used for underserved youth
- If selected, lease holder (if applicable) and land owner must sign an agreement to maintain a specified minimum level of insurance; add the Shane Victorino Foundation as an additional insured to the policy; maintain the batting cage under a high standard of care; among other stipulations
Recipients will be selected based on:
- Access by underserved/at-risk youth
- Condition of current baseball field/facility
- Need for a batting cage in that specific area
- Ability to maintain batting cage once construction is complete
To apply, please complete our 2014 Batting Cage application. The application and supplemental documents must be received (not postmarked) by May 15, 2014. See page 4 of the application for further instructions.